Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

To Know Him

Today was a wonderful day of General Conference! It is one of my favorite times of the year. I always learn so much and today was no different. While I felt that following the Prophet was one of the main themes of the talks given in the sessions today, there was also another theme that stood out to me. This may have been because we talked a lot about it in class this week as well, but I think that it is a very important thing to remember. Something that has really stood out to me was how important it is to truly know our Heavenly Father. In conference there were several talks that touched on the point of if you want to know you're identity and worth, come to know Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. Often the follow up phrase in the talks was that to know you must study his words and then act on them. This was reiterated in a verse I came across in my scripture study this week. It is 1 John 2:3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
It is said so simply, yet it is so profound. How many of us, if we truly took the time to study who Heavenly Father is, and what that means for us, would have a different outlook on life, and about ourselves. I think I would think differently. I love our Savior and I am so grateful for what he did and continuously does for each of us. But as we discussed in class, the Savior's main goal is to point us to the Father, and after conference today, I think that is something I personally should work on. The scriptures and General Conference have such a great way of teaching you things meant just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment