Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Revelation

This past conference was truly amazing! It was the motivation I needed to recommit to Heavenly Father. While I loved so many of the talks, my favorite one was definitely President Nelson's talk, "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives." While I loved the whole talk, these two specific quotes stood out to me:

"One of the things the Spirit has repeatedly impressed upon my mind since my new calling as President of the Church is how willing the Lord is to reveal His mind and will. The privilege of receiving revelation is one of the greatest gifts of God to His children...

I urge you to stretch beyond your current spiritual ability to receive personal revelation, for the Lord has promised that 'if thou shalt [seek], thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things—that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal'... Oh, there is so much more that your Father in Heaven wants you to know."

These both mean so much to me, especially since I am graduating in a few weeks and trying to figure out what to do with my life. It is comforting that a prophet of God has told us that no matter what we may be going through in our lives, whether it is graduation, getting married, starting a new job, having a baby, family problems, or anything else life may bring, Heavenly Father will help and guide us. Sometimes I think because we know Heavenly Father wants us to learn that we don't rely on him enough. This was confirmed to me when President Nelson said "...there is so much more that your Father in Heaven wants you to know." I know that he does, and that I can work more to me open and receptive to what he wants me to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment