Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Vocation to Which You've Been Called

This week in my scripture study, a particular verse really stood out to me.
Ephesians 4:1 "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocatioin wherewith ye are called." What stood out most to me was the word "vocation." This word has always caught my attention because it is in my patriarchal blessing, and I have spent many times researching what it means and trying to understand what it means for me in the context of my patriarchal blessing. The footnote in this scripture, signifies that vocation in this verse can mean calling. This was significant to me because I feel that besides the jobs, church callings and assignments that we have in life, we have callings and missions that we accepted from Heavenly Father before we came to this life. They can be many different things and happen during the duration of our whole life. Fulfilling them requires being close to the spirit and being obedient to the promptions we receive. Becoming good at this is a process that we have to work at our whole lives. Reading this verse also shows me that Heavenly Father is always willing to teach us more about our personal lives through the scriptures if we allow him too. He teaches us individuallly and specifically!

No comments:

Post a Comment