Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

All things from the Beginning

This last semester was probably one of the hardest semesters I've ever had. Between really hard classes, two jobs, being on a dance team and health struggles, I was really feeling like there was no way that this semester could ever turn out well. I tried to have faith, but inside I just felt like this was part of mortal life, sometimes things crash and I just had to accept it. While I still feel like sometimes things are hard and that's just life, now that I am at the end of the semester I recognize that Heavenly Father always has a plan for us. This sounds so basic, everyone should know this right? In my head I did know it, but now I really know it. Though maybe what happens in our lives wasn't what we originally wanted, in the end it is actually what is best. At the beginning of the semester He knew what was going to happen and he knew what my reactions and capabilities would be. In pondering all these thoughts, the following scripture came to mind:
1 Nephi 9: 6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.
This semester I have learned (and am still learning) that trusting in Heavenly Father means recognizing and REMEMBERING that Heavenly Father has all power and that if you try your best to follow him (and even sometimes when you have your moments of forgetting to trust him), things will work out the way Heavenly Father knows they need to, because he DOES know all things from the beginning. I realized today looking back at this semester that I have a lot of peace with how things are turning out. No I don't have perfect grades, I'm not perfectly healed from all my different health issues, and I didn't get all my hours in for work, but the most important things are working out. There are also things that have happened this semester that needed to happen that wouldn't have happened if everything had gone the way I had hoped and planned. So overall I guess I just hope my future self will remember to trust Heavenly Father more and remember that he really does prepare "a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men," and that "he hath all power."

No comments:

Post a Comment