Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Grace abounds

In class we've talked a lot about grace and the role it has in our lives. As I was reading the Book of Roman's this verse made an impression on me:
Romans 5:20 - Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
I think that this phrasing is beautiful, "grace did much more abound." I am someone who gets easily overwhelmed. With homework, two jobs, church responsibilities, family responsibilities and getting ready to graduate, how imperfect and inadequate I am makes me very very discouraged. So to remember that grace much more abounds in my life when I come to the Savior reminds me that I cannot ever make it on my own. I have to depend on the Savior who makes my steps wider, my best to be enough, and my scarlet sins to be as white as snow. It doesn't mean of course that I can do whatever I want and grace will take care of it all, heaven forbid, as Paul would say. But it does mean that my imperfect human self can someday become more like my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment