Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Savior Redeemer of My Soul

Something that has really struck me lately is how, not only does the Savior know how to comfort us, but he also knows our weaknesses, and he knows how to strengthen us against them.

D&C 62:1
"Behold, and hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, your advocate, who knoweth the weakness of man and how to succor them who are tempted."

Something I learned in my religion class that I love is that the greatest miracle of all is repentance. And another thing was that my teacher said that we should never stop asking for the Miracle of forgiveness. I have heard (and read a little of) the book by President Kimball entitled "The Miracle of Forgiveness," but the meaning of this title, finally connected in my head. Because the Savior, understands us perfectly, and because of His infinite sacrifice we can repent and be forgiven. Where would we be without any of this, and just as the hymn says "Savior Redeemer of my Soul, whose mighty hand hath made me whole."

No comments:

Post a Comment