Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Consistency

As I continue on with my SMART project I'm realizing that most of my posts for class will probably come from the book "Act in Doctrine" that I'm reading. There are so many drops wisdom. This week I read:
"As you and I become increasingly steadfast and immovable, we are less prone to zealous and exaggerated spurts of spirituality followed by extended periods of slackness. A spiritual "spurter" is one who is given to a short burst of spectacular effort followed by frequent and lengthy periods of rest." 
This was especially meaningful for me because I feel like my life is made of great spiritual spurts and lengthy periods of rest. The question is how to be consistent? I know I need to be consistent, but how? Elder Bednar goes on to share the scripture Alma 37:6... by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. In pondering on the how in relation to this scripture, I was reminded that consistency must become a habit that starts with small things. So, in learning to act, I can pick a one thing that may seem small, and work on being consistent on that. As we do that and continue to build on it, the big things that seem overwhelming, we can eventually become consistent in.

No comments:

Post a Comment