Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Go and Do = Faith

1 Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

This has always been one of my favorite scriptures. It was one of the reasons I went on a mission. And I've always thought of it in terms of obedience. God will help you when you are obedient. That is a truth. However, as I've recently been learning about faith, I realize that this is a scripture about faith. Faith means that you trust in God no matter what. Faith means that you always do what he asks you to because you believe that he knows best (and yes that is obedience). Faith is the power that enables us to do what God asks us to do.

In my study about faith lately I've learned three things about faith (well three things so far. There is so much to learn about faith!). Faith is trust, faith is action/obedience and faith is power. All three of them work together to accomplish the Lord's work when we do our best. He is always there for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment