Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Speedily Obedient

Today my in our family scripture study we read this verse from Alma Chapter 8:

18 Now it came to pass that after Alma had received his message from the angel of the Lord he returned speedily to the land of Ammonihah. And he entered the city by another way, yea, by the way which is on the south of the city of Ammonihah.


What really struck me today was the word speedily. It made me wonder, how often do I do what the Lord asks speedily? So many times he asks me to do things that aren't necessarily hard, but I forget about them and then remember days later. Here Alma is, and the Lord asks him to do something really hard and Alma goes speedily. 


I'm grateful for reminders from the scriptures, and I am resolving to be not only more obedient, but more speedily obedient :)

No comments:

Post a Comment