Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

According to His Will

These week has been an interesting week for me. Just a lot going on inside this crazy head of mine :)
I've been learning a lot though, and trying to focus more on making sure I have scripture study and it has been a neat experience for me! Just another witness from Heavenly Father that what he asks us to do is really for out benefit. With that in mind, this scripture in the Words of Mormon really stood out to me in Chapter 1 verse 7:

"And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."

Mormon is speaking here referencing that fact that he doesn't always understand why the spirit directs him to compile certain writings and teaching, but that he does it and trusts God.

The word trust has come to mean a lot to me, in my mind, for experiences I've had in my life, it is synonymous with faith. I have to recognize that I don't always understand why things happen to me, or why Heavenly Father asks me to do certain things, but I know that He sees the big picture and that it will all be ok, and it will all make sense in the end.

Heavenly Father has specific things he has planned for us in this life, that's why we have the personalities that we have, and the talents and gifts. And if we allow Him to, he can make much more of our lives then we can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment